For those with teeth alignment issues, Invisalign® offers a way to get perfectly straight teeth without the rest of the world knowing about your efforts. At first, it might seem like a no brainer when compared to conventional metal braces. However, there are strengths and weaknesses to both metal braces and invisible aligners. Take a look at some of the things you should consider before choosing one these orthodontic treatment options.
Benefits of Invisible Aligners
One of the most apparent perks of invisible aligner systems like Invisalign in that, it won’t be apparent that you’re wearing them. Because they’re clear, it takes a truly discerning eye to spot them discreetly hugging someone’s teeth.
These are some of the other top benefits of going with invisible aligners:
· You can take them out before eating
· They’re easier to clean than metal braces
· There’s no elevated risk of oral trauma because the aligners are made of plastic instead of metal
· They work fast
Benefits of Metal Braces
Some people may not feel comfortable wearing metal braces, yet there are plenty of benefits to choosing this orthodontic appliance over invisible aligners.
These are some of the top benefits of conventional braces:
· Their metal components make them especially strong
· They’re typically set at economical, affordable price points
· You can’t remove them on your own. So there’s no possibility of that your treatment time could be extended due to a lack of diligence in wearing them.
· Strong evidence supporting the idea that metal braces correct complex orthodontic problems quicker than alternatives.
Appearances matter. So it can be easy to focus on appearance when deciding between braces styles, or deciding whether or not to commit to orthodontic treatment. However, the benefits of straightening your teeth extend well beyond aesthetics.
Having straighter teeth means your teeth will wear more evenly, so you won’t lose teeth earlier. It can enhance the way you enjoy food and it bolsters your oral health all around.
More on Invisalign in Phoenix, AZ